About the Alpine Restyle i509-WRA-JK
Your JK deserves a top-of-the-line Alpine
Alpine’s long been synonymous with first-class automotive audio, and the i509-WRA-JK digital multimedia receiver is no exception. This handsome Restyle package fits your 2011-18 Wrangler JK, combining seamless (and wireless) smartphone connectivity, HD Radio™, plenty of inputs, and much more with rugged construction that can handle the challenges of your Jeep’s environment. Alpine tricked out this new radio with a high-resolution display and audio enhancements that make it a treat for both your eyes and ears.
Designed for your Wrangler
This Alpine Restyle package lets you install the i509-WRA-JK in pretty much every 2011-18 Wrangler JK model. This package contains a dash kit that houses the weather-resistant receiver, along with wiring adapters that plug directly into the factory electronics and wiring. Alpine even includes an iDatalink module that allows you to keep your steering wheel audio controls and the Jeep Uconnect® features you’ve grown fond of. Once you’ve identified your vehicle, we’ll tell you if this Jeep kit fits.
Matches your Jeep style and Jeep lifestyle
The Restyle dash kit comes with custom keys that match the lighting, color, shape, and style of the factory keys, and it also lets you keep your climate controls. Buttons along either side of the 9″ display offer easy access to commonly used functions, and you’ll even retain your Jeep’s 12-volt ports.
Your Jeep is designed for off-road use, and so is this receiver. The bezel and touchscreen are splash-proof and dust-proof, so you can drop the top and head into the wilderness without worrying about your receiver succumbing to the elements.
Works with both wired and wireless Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay®
This Alpine’s compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, so you and your passengers can enjoy messaging, mapping, tune selection, and much more from your smartphone without touching any screens. Both platforms work with voice commands, which you can activate by speaking a keyword or pressing the dedicated “Voice” button on the stereo’s bezel. You can get stuff done without being distracted by your phone, and you can use either platform with your phone plugged in or wirelessly.
Connections for your sources
Even without a disc player, the iWRA-509-JK offers lots of ways to enjoy your media. Dual rear USB inputs let you attach your smartphone or a thumb drive with your favorite music or video files. The rear HDMI connection allows you to hook up to an optional CD/DVD or Blu-Ray player. An auxiliary input lets you bring in audio from another source, such as an old-school portable disc player. When your smartphone is connected, this Alpine’s ready to roll with your favorite streaming services, including Tidal. Pull up playlists, albums, and more with ease, and check out the information on the i509-WRA-JK’s gorgeous display.
The i509-WRA-JK continues Alpine’s long relationship with Bluetooth connectivity. Use it to make or receive hands-free phone calls via your smartphone with the included microphone, or stream music from your phone with ease. You can also use the included microphone to activate voice commands for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Radio you can groove to
The i509-WRA-JK boasts excellent entertainment choices up and down the dial:
- HD Radio reception: Enjoy crystal-clear sound quality from participating AM and FM stations, including FM that sounds almost as good as a CD. Plus, you’ll see station and song info on the screen.
- Satellite radio compatibility: You can add SiriusXM programming to the receiver with an optional tuner and a subscription.
We live in an 8K world now, so there’s no reason your stereo’s screen can’t look a little better. Alpine gave this display a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels, so your album artwork and other information will be clear and focused. When you’re parked and checking out some video, the i509-WRA-JK can act as a drive-in theater — just bring your own popcorn.
Heavy-duty audio performance
The i509-WRA-JK’s not only a pretty face, it also boasts plenty of ways to keep your ears happy. You can use its many fingertip-friendly controls to set the EQ — this Alpine offers both Basic and Advanced tuning options, with 13-band parametric adjustments, time correction, and much more. And it works with lossless FLAC files to give you the thrilling digital media experience you crave. You’ll be sure to hear the results thanks to Alpine’s commitment to using high-quality audio components, such as a full-digital power integrated circuit and custom capacitors to keep the signal strong, clean, and free of noise.
Ready for your rear-view and dash cameras
Rear-view camera owners will appreciate the included camera input and distance guidance display. It also works with Alpine’s advanced HD dash cam/rear-view cam combo for all-over coverage of your vehicle. And if you’d like to add Alpine’s optional HCE-C2100RD multi-view camera, you’ll need this 2-camera switcher (not included) as well.
iDatalink Maestro included
The i509-WRA-JK offers compatibility you won’t find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to an iDatalink Maestro interface. You’ll keep your steering wheel audio controls, your factory amp, and safety warning chimes, if present. The iDatalink adapter also lets you tap into your Jeep’s diagnostic port, so you can check out expanded functionality including gauges, climate controls, a distance sensor, and tire pressure monitor on the Alpine’s screen.
Add a wireless volume knob
Our customers are often very loud and clear about how much they miss volume knobs on today’s stereos, especially the ones with touchscreens. Alpine’s RUX-H02 Halo wireless level controller (sold separately) lets you mount a convenient knob nearly anywhere you like, thanks to its Bluetooth connectivity. You can add a rotary volume knob and subwoofer level controller without running additional wires, for the ultimate in mounting flexibility. Turn up the sound, the old-school way!
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities.
Installation note: You will have to make some modifications to your vehicle to install this Alpine receiver. Once you’ve identified your vehicle, you’ll see more details in the “Modified Fit” link above.
iPod/smartphone note: If you’re going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check “Details” for compatibility information.
You’ll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play discs)
- custom-fit receiver designed for select 2011-18 Jeep Wrangler JK models
- includes Alpine Restyle package with all installation parts
- 9″ capacitive touchscreen with high-resolution (1280×720 pixels) display
- splash-proof and dust-proof touchscreen and bezel (IP53-rated)
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming (external microphone included)
- includes iDatalink Maestro ALP-MRR module (requires Windows PC for programming)
- retains factory features, including steering wheel controls
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- HD Radio tuner built-in
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps:
- Apple CarPlay compatible (wired and wireless)
- Android Auto compatible (wired and wireless)
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- playback and control of music files on compatible Android devices
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, APE, and FLAC music files (see Details tab for full capabilities)
- plays AVI, MP4, MPG, MOV, and WMV video files
- 13-band parametric equalizer (Basic or Advanced)
- 6-channel time correction
- 10 EQ preset curves
- high- and low-pass crossovers
- Bass Engine SQ
- MediaXpander HD
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner—supports Tune Mix, Traffic & Weather Now, and Sports Flash features
- compatible with optional Alpine DVE-5300 DVD player
- inputs: 2 rear USB ports; rear HDMI input; rear auxiliary input; 2 camera inputs (RCA)
- outputs: rear HDMI output; 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- built-in amplifier (16 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings, video display, and other features on this receiver (the parking brake must be connected and set, released, and set again)
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # I509-WRA-JK
What’s in the box:
- Alpine iLX-F509:
- 9″ Touchscreen monitor
- Source unit
- Wiring harness (15A fuse)
- Preout harness
- iDatalink/Driver Recorder/Front Camera harness
- Camera input adapter
- Mic/SWC harness
- Microphone (w/ attached 12.5′ cable terminated by a right-angle stereo-3.5mm connector)
- Surface-mount bracket
- Two-sided tape
- GPS antenna (attached 8′ cable with proprietary connector)
- Self-adhesive mounting pad
- 3 Self-adhesive cable clamps
- 2 Rear covers
- HDMI connector clamp
- 4 Pan-head ISO-screws (M5x8mm)
- 4 Counter-sunk ISO-screws (M5x8mm)
- 3 Display screws (M5x8mm)
- 2 Hinge screws (M3x4mm)
- 2 Rear cover screws (M2.6x6mm)
- 4 Rectangle self-adhesive sheets
- 4 Square self-adhesive sheets
- 2 Round self-adhesive sheets
- 2 Semi-oval self-adhesive sheets
- Quick Reference Guide
- Online Registration Information
- Online Detailed Manual Card
- Maestro ALP-HRN-WRA5:
- iDatalink Maestro RR radio replacement interface module (ALP-MRR)
- Main harness
- Antenna adapter
- USB flashing cable
- SAT radio antenna adapter
- OBDII harness
- Power/ground harness
- Alpine G-KTX-WJK
• 2011-2018 Jeep Wrangler